• A degree in Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of experience, with at least 2 of them in a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm or venture capital firm
• Engaged with external investors, and has fundraising experience
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong modelling experience
• Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders
• Managed at least one analyst, and is keen to build a team
• Expertise or desire to learn SQL and in general, using programming as a tool to scale and solve problems
• Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency, and ideally Tableau
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
About the job
We’re looking for a great analytical mind with impeccable business judgment, who is really interested in understanding Hopper deeply, helping us craft our equity story within the company and with investors. Reporting to the Finance Director and partnering with the Chief Strategy Officer, the Corporate Finance Manager will be in charge of leading investor relations, any M&A execution, own our management accounts, collate forecasts from business leads, and help create any fundraising or board materials. You will see the big picture and help business leaders set up our long term strategy, but at the same time you need to be obsessed with details and understand the nuances behind the numbers. You understand basic financial concepts, and are willing to get into the details and understand the operational and financial drivers involved. You are happy working with senior stakeholders and are capable of influencing them, with clear and concise messages. You are also competent in SQL (or eager to learn) and like playing with huge data sets, destiling insights and ways of thinking about the future.
- Lead investor relations, creating materials and updates to our investors and starting to craft our equity story
- Own Hopper’s management accounts (past and future) and prepare internal reports for business leaders supporting their decision making
- Create, update and maintain financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Be the main person behind all our fundraising efforts
- Work on special projects such as process optimization initiatives
- Have the ability to craft and deliver a message with credibility to influence senior business owners
- Not be afraid to learn or improve your SQL / Big Query to be able to access, manage and gain insights directly from data
- Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modelling and financial reporting
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.