Corporate Controller at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is growing rapidly and profitably. Our platform handles billions of events and consists of multiple building blocks that can be combined and reused to deliver outstanding value for customers. Our hypergrowth opens up many interesting opportunities to excel and grow - from scaling to 10X the previous year workload, to being part of internal start-ups that seek to explore markets that our technology can help, to being part of a team that is constantly reinventing themselves to continue to deliver customer value faster even as we continue to grow in size.
As a key member of the Finance organization, our Corporate Controller will build, lead, manage and scale the Company’s core accounting function, including technical accounting, compliance, tax and financial reporting. This individual will report to the VP of Finance, with significant exposure and visibility to the CFO, and will collaborate closely with other teams such as FP&A, Legal, HR and InfoSec. This individual will be responsible for the Company’s financial processes, including implementing and maintaining an appropriate control environment, establishing accounting policies, ownership of core systems, and designing and executing process improvements.
How you will make a difference
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization.
- Responsible for the development of accounting policies and the appropriate application of those policies to the Company’s business activities.
- Continually assess the operating effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and reporting operations, including organization structure and operating processes, and drive improvements in these areas.
- Research accounting standards and regulations, prepare memos, and implement changes as necessary to maintain compliance with US GAAP and other regulations.
- Manage year-end financial audit and own relationships and communication with external service providers, including audit and tax professionals.
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and the Company’s financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of the business.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and accounting operations support related to proposed transactions and other business developments
- Collaborate closely with FP&A, legal, HR, IT, tax, and other functions to ensure proper internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure
Who You Are
- Big 4 CPA with 10+ years combined accounting experience and 5+ years of industry experience, preferably as a Controller or Assistant Controller within the SaaS or Technology sector.
- Proven track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams
- Proven ability to successfully evaluate, implement, and integrate financial systems and tools
- Experience in scaling people, processes and systems so as to support company evolution and fast paced growth.
- Experience with ERP systems and cloud-based accounting systems required, preferably with Sage Intacct.
- Capable of identifying business risks and process inefficiencies, with proven ability to plan and execute process improvements to mitigate such risks and inefficiencies.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration. Ability to manage multiple priorities and lead a team.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.