Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The Controller will lead the accounting function to ensure financial transactions, systems, and procedures meet the companies short- and long-term business objectives. You will be responsible for building a team of accountants and overseeing accounting and reporting, audit, internal controls, financial policies and procedures, AP, AR, tax compliance, insurance, and treasury.
In this role you will:
- Manage the monthly close process.
- Manage the annual audit and maintain bullet proof GAAP “audit ready” books.
- Build a high performance team to enable operational scalability and accounting excellence.
- Maintain impeccable credit standards, revenue recognition, and accounts receivable operations.
- Assure efficient transaction processing systems and processes are maintained through rapid growth.
- Build a strong internal control environment promoting efficiency and growth.
- Oversee banking relations and activities.
- Maintain a keen focus on cash flow optimization and product line margin growth.
- Oversee employee onboarding, payroll processing, benefits packages, insurance, and risk management strategies.
- Manage federal, state, international, local, and sales tax tracking, filing, and compliance.
- Support budget development and reporting, financial planning and analysis.
What we look for:
- 8+ of progressive experience with audit or accounting.
- 3+ years in a Controller role, preferably for a publicly traded company
- BA/BS degree in accounting and CPA certification required
- Big 4 experience is preferred
- Strong project management ability. Able to act as primary owner of individual projects, analysis and process while working cross functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to use and implement software tools and the ability to plan for scale
- Experience with capital equipment is a plus
- Clear communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills that allow interactions with business partners
- Someone self-directed and that thrives in a fast paced environment.
- International entity management and consolidation
- Customer service orientation for both external and internal customers.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description