ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for an experienced Corporate Controller who can help us develop and implement internal accounting controls, prepare GAAP financials, implement our sales tax strategy, and own the inter-company process. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CFO and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the accounting team, aligning the staffing and structure to support our continued growth, while also developing the skills of the team.
- Lead the accounting and consolidation processes to ensure a timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial close.
- Establish internal controls over financial reporting, continuous improvement of accounting policies and procedures, standardization of accounting practices, and compliance with US GAAP, as well as local statutory requirements.
- Prepare the internal consolidated financial statements, including reports for the Board of Directors.
- Manage performance of annual audit including timely and accurate preparation of audit schedules. Primary liaison with independent auditors.
- Coordinate annual tax filings with outside firm.
- Establish and maintain all corporate policies related to accounting matters, such that they support our ability to scale, while also ensuring compliance with general accepted accounting rules and regulations.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions and review team work products.
- Partner closely with all department leaders to support their needs for transaction accounting, reporting and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required (Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred)
- 10-15 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
- SEC reporting experience (whether in a public company or public clients)
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.