Controller at EverQuote
EverQuote, Inc. is seeking an exceptional candidate to lead and manage the accounting organization. Reporting directly to the VP, Accounting, the Controller is highly visible within the organization. The ideal candidate is someone who inspires a high-performing accounting team. The Controller is expected to have a strong knowledge of US GAAP. This role will have the ability to apply principles, concepts, automation and make complex decisions. The successful candidate will have an ability to execute and manage a wide range of tasks to support the Company’s financial operations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Oversee all accounting activities including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, equity, and payroll functions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, including automation and develop implementation plans.
- Manage global monthly financial close activities in accordance with US GAAP.
- Oversee and manage general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Lead the technical accounting research including all new and proposed accounting standards.
- Oversee compliance with the Company’s internal control framework.
- Implement new policies and procedures when necessary.
- Review consolidations and intercompany accounting.
- When applicable, draft SEC related documents.
- Support investor relations and FP&A projects.
- Manage quarterly review and annual audit requirements, including internal controls compliance.
- Assist in the coordination of external audits.
- BS/BA in accounting or finance; CPA required.
- Minimum 8+ years in corporate and/or general accounting.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred; prior employment in the technology industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels within and external to the organization.
- Excellent business acumen, and an ability to perform at high levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently and collaboratively.
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic. Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Always looking for ways to improve processes and streamline efficiencies (bringing automation ideas to the table will be key)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, NetSuite, MineralTree, ETRADE, ADP and Expensify.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.