Controller at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree provides modern, secure, easy-to-use, end-to-end Accounts Payable (AP) Automation solutions that reduce costs by more than 75%, increase visibility and control, mitigate fraud and risk, while improving cash flow. More than 2,000 mid-market and mid-enterprise companies, as well as more than 25 financial institutions rely on MineralTree to digitize and optimize the entire AP Automation and Payment process, preserving control over the complete invoice-to-payment workflow, improving vendor relationships, maximizing ROI, and transforming the finance function from a cost center to a profit center.
MineralTree is seeking a Controller to join our growing team. The Controller will lead the Company’s accounting operations and report to the CFO. The Controller role is an exciting opportunity to manage a growing team and scale MineralTree’s accounting operations to support the Company’s rapid organic and inorganic growth. Additionally, as a fintech serving accounting professionals, MineralTree presents a unique opportunity for the Controller to provide input into the Company’s product development!
- Lead the Company’s accounting and reporting operations across all entities and locations
- Manage the global accounting team and maximize the performance of the team and each teammate by providing guidance, feedback, mentoring, and professional development
- Oversee all accounting and control activities including cash disbursements, cash receipts, G/L entries, consolidations, month-end close, financial statements preparation, and the annual audit
- Design, manage and document controls to ensure accounting regulatory compliance
- Implement and document the Company’s technical accounting policies, including monitoring and determining the applicability of emerging accounting standards
- Contribute to the Company’s FP&A activities, including budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Partner with business leaders throughout the Company to drive operational effectiveness
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including both public accounting and industry experience; SaaS experience preferred
- CPA required
- Deep technical understanding of GAAP principles, including revenue recognition
- Strong leadership aptitude with the ability to hire, manage, and mentor, high-performing teams
- Proficiency with ERPs, preferably NetSuite, and other accounting technology applications
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally to drive achievement of individual, team and corporate goals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort operating in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- M&A experience preferred
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position and benefits such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer.