Who we are
Airfox is on a mission to accelerate financial inclusion in emerging markets, beginning with Brazil - the 5th largest country in the world, with a population of over 200 million individuals. Airfox has developed an innovative, digital solution to seamlessly provide digital banking, payments, and credit solutions to the tens of millions of underbanked Brazilian consumers nationwide, which aims to alleviate the variety of burdens and high costs related to the deeply entrenched banking industry. Our mission is to empower millions of families to take control of their life with the use of simple, low-cost financial services through their smartphone. Additionally, we are developing financial services aimed at merchants to enable them to invest and grow their businesses. We recently announced a partnership with one of the largest retailers in Brazil, Via Varejo (BVMF: VVAR3), which is a multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company, in order to develop and launch financial service products for their customer base of over 40 million individuals. It’s a particularly exciting time, filled with the intensive challenges related to undergoing our hyper-growth phase, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to help us execute on our mission! We greatly welcome you to apply to join the Airfox team and look forward to receiving your application.
Who we are looking for
Airfox is seeking an experienced professional who will join the Finance and Accounting team, play a key leadership role and will be responsible for the day to day finance and accounting functions including financial reporting, SOX compliance, budgeting, forecasting, and preparation and management of quarterly Form 10Q’s, annual Form 10K’s and other SEC financial reports. He/she will serve as a resource for researching and providing clear explanations and guidance for complex accounting issues as they arise and interfacing with external independent auditors. This role offers significant exposure to executive leaders across the company as well as greater responsibility, opportunities for driving high-impact results and career progression. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Finance and Accounting team at Airfox. By joining the early stages of our hyper-growth organization, you’ll play an integral part in building this department and the direction of the organization as a whole.
What you will do
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, including revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, and monitoring clinical study and other key contracts to determine GAAP expense estimates for clinical trial and other contract accruals. Monthly analysis of business results, finance, and operating metrics
- Preparation of schedules for tax accountants, involvement in due diligence, and other projects, as needed
- Experience working with C-Level management and comfort presenting to the company's Board
- Oversee daily operations in the finance and accounting department, including accounts payable and the hiring and supervision of a small team
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budgeting processes
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and prepare monthly management reports
- Hold discussions with people outside of finance to ensure understanding and alignment between third party (contract) work being performed and the accounting impact of such work
- Assists with accounting research, including assessment of technical accounting standards on corporate transactions or agreements. Interact with external audit firm on the financial statement audit process
SEC Reporting Duties:
- Responsible for compilation of quarterly, annual, and periodic SEC filings, including footnote preparation and adhering to disclosure requirements
- Prepares both internal and external financial statements, footnotes, and audit schedules
- Responsible for XBRL tagging of Form 10‐Q and Form 10‐K
- Provides support to external auditors
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level
SOX Compliance Duties:
- Manages the Sarbanes‐Oxley process, including updating internal documentation and managing Company’s SOX third-party consultants and external auditors
- Drives implementation of new internal control procedures, as required. Interacts with external audit firm on the internal control audit process
- Monitors compliance with SOX requirements on a monthly or quarterly basis, as required for each control
- Assists with identifying process improvements, implementing changes, and ensuring best practices
- Minimum education and experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management or a related field, with minimum of 8 years of experience, some public accounting experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership is a must, ideally 8+ years leading teams/departments responsible for analytical development activities.
- CPA certification required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS (Brazil)
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet short term deadlines.
- Experience in Excel, Quickbooks and ERP accounting system applications
- Early stage and public company experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, multi‐functional team environment and having a proactive mindset.
- Possessing a collaborative work ethic and work style with the ability to interact with a wide variety of disciplines.
- High emotional intelligence and a focus on the common good.
- Capable to adapt to a Startup fast pace uncertain path
Benefits / Perks:
1. Healthcare - Dental, Medical
2. Competitive salary
3. Flexible work schedule and ability to occasionally work from home
4. Kitchen snacks, Bevi water, Nespresso, etc.
5. Convenient Downtown location (two blocks from South Station)