Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and coordinate financial and accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and statutory accounting practices.
- Implement consolidation process for all entities to create consolidated GAAP financial statements.
- Prepare consolidation on a monthly basis.
- Generate financial statements and related analysis from trial balances ensuring all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and highlighting significant developments, trends and deviations from budget.
- Lead in the procurement, implementation and maintenance of the company’s financial reporting procedures and systems. Ensure responsible accounting systems and processes for fiscal closings and reporting are continually streamlined through process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy.
- Maintain/review General Ledger, accruals & journal entries, monthly close, account reconciliations for each operating entity.
- Develop and enhance internal controls, improve operating efficiencies and ensure accuracy of essential information and data.
- Establish and monitor Corporate Budget and roll up of Company’s operating entities. Assist the CFO as needed with the annual budget and work with budget center owners to help ensure a close integration between organizational plans and the budget.
- Supervise cash management activities including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment while managing external banking relationships.
- Supervise external actuaries in the development of Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) claims experience.
- Supervise external accountants in the preparation of statutory financial statements, Risk Based Capital calculations and tax statements and the timely filing with government and regulatory organizations.
- Coordinate and facilitate audits with external accounting firm.
- Develop staffing plan and hire and train accounting team.
- Participate in private and public fundraising and M&A activity by providing accounting support, as well as support for regulatory filings.
Attributes to success:
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one.
- Team player who is customer-service oriented.
- A demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex environment.
- Strong accounting functional expertise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results.
- Proficiency with data warehouse and database tools.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Medicare Advantage healthcare and insurance industries.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 10 years of financial management experience.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Certified Public Account designation preferred.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!