Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is seeking a talented Contract Specialist for our rapidly growing, high revenue-growth SaaS company. The Contract Specialist will assist our efforts in supporting Smartsheet’s various sales teams, with a primary focus on negotiating terms with customers and revising sales agreements. We are looking for a motivated and capable individual to join our highly collaborative legal team. This position reports to Senior Corporate Counsel and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Boston, MA.
- Negotiate, draft, and review various customer agreements, including services agreements, order forms, NDAs and data security and compliance addendums.
- Provide updates to internal and external clients on status of agreement activity (e.g., gating items and estimated completion dates), and guide the process to closure.
- Analyze customer agreements and record key details in the contract repository.
- Support the continuous improvement of templates, forms, internal resource documents, etc.
- Advise employees on contract issues, best practices, and company policies.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Bachelor degree required, paralegal degree/certificate preferred.
- 3+ years of sales contract negotiation experience with direct customer contact.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop/recommend options, and resolve issues.
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including, without limitation, the ability to communicate with customers in a firm but respectful and considerate manner.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment that places a high premium on excellence, execution and teamwork.
- Experience at a high-growth SaaS or software company preferred.