Ellevation develops world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners. As our Chief Financial Officer, you will lead all strategic and tactical finance functions, M&A, investor relations, and business operations. You will help lead the company through its next phase of growth, including the launch of new products and acquisitions. Reporting to the CEO, you will join the Leadership team, work closely with the Board, and work in partnership with all divisions to drive innovation and scale.
- Own capital planning, financial risk management, tax and financial planning and analysis, and all monthly financial business processes.
- Lead annual strategic planning and budget processes, including the creation of multi-year financial and business plans.
- Own cash flow management.
- Design and build reporting systems for senior leadership and other departments to accurately track SaaS KPIs including, Churn, Expansion, etc
- Oversee legal, finance, and compliance work with outside counsel and auditors.
- Champion company OKR process
Investor Relations & Growth Initiatives
- Provide strategic guidance to, and work closely with, the Leadership team and Board to inform growth-focused work.
- Lead M&A activities, including due diligence, financial modeling, legal engagement, and more to ensure successful execution of potential transactions
- Ensure the company’s capital structure, financial systems, controls, and forecasting models inform and support growth and expansion efforts.
- Lead and own the development of all finance-related materials for both Board meetings and investor reporting.
- Supervise and work closely with our internal business intelligence, operations and analytics team.
- Supervise and work closely with our internal IT function.
- You have a track record of leadership at a SaaS company and deep fluency with and experience tracking and driving SaaS metrics.
- You have led the investigation of acquisition opportunities, owned the M&A function, and successfully executed acquisitions and integrations.
- You have deep experience raising capital and working closely with investors and Board members.
- You can analyze quantitative and qualitative data and draw meaningful insights that drive decisions across all functions of the business: product, support and service, hiring, pricing and
- You are a terrific communicator both through writing and presenting, and in small group forums.
- You’re an excellent collaborator. You bring out the best in others and motivate your team (and other teams) to execute quickly and effectively.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 700 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.