Capital Markets Director at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The rapidly growing Toast Lending Team is looking for a dynamic professional to help shape the future of how restaurants finance their business. This role presents the opportunity to work closely with senior leaders across business, finance, accounting, product, engineering, operations, risk, data science and UX to influence product construction and establish key partnerships to support the efficient funding of a growing portfolio of funding solutions.
- Partner with Lending Strategy, Risk and Finance teams to develop product and portfolio performance reporting and liquidity forecasts to assist in the development of new capital markets partnerships
- Build analytical models to evaluate product and capital structure decisions including cost of capital, risk retention and liquidity planning for review with senior leadership
- Develop long term Capital Markets strategies for Toast Lending and execute on capital market partnerships and debt markets transactions
- Partner with Accounting, Treasury Operations and Engineering to develop solutions focused on treasury and market efficiencies
- Manage existing capital markets relationships including overseeing reporting and compliance requirements as well as managing regular check ins
- Partner with Lending Strategy stakeholders to develop innovative capital solutions that meet and exceed the capital markets expectations.
- 5+ years experience in FinTech, SMB Lending or Banking, preferably with experience in a debt capital markets function.
- Strong financial modeling experience, with ability to summarize complex concepts in presentation format for review by senior leadership
- Team player who is able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and can work independently across multiple geographies
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic, attentive to detail and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for innovative debt structuring. Strong interest in fintech and knowledge of the industry.
- Willing to travel for conferences to develop and foster relationships with key capital markets partners
- Strong math and quantitative analysis skills.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.