Business Operations Manager
Bevi is an environmental company that aims to entirely eliminate disposable bottles and cans through smart beverage machines that purify water and create healthy beverages on demand. Our first product is an IoT office water cooler that serves customizable sparkling and flavored water. We’re growing over 100% year over year and have raised over $60M in venture capital.
We are seeking a Business Operations Manager to study our financial, operational and sales data to identify trends and insights and to make actionable recommendations on business performance. The ideal candidate will be familiar with key metrics and analyses that are used in venture capital and private equity to assess companies. The Business Operations Manager will report to our VP Finance and will work cross-functionally and company-wide to drive recommendations through to implementation.
NOTE: This role is ideally based in our Boston office, though we will consider exceptional candidates from the New York City area as well.
What you will do:
- Analyze Bevi's historical data to identify opportunities for faster growth, operating efficiencies, profitability increases, and improvements to our product and service.
- Support budgeting, FP&A, and scenario planning efforts.
- Research trends and benchmarks in relevant industries: beverages, hardware, technology, etc., and discuss the strategic significance of these trends with Bevi’s leadership team.
- Work cross-departmentally to implement recommended changes to Bevi’s budget allocations and operations. (This is not an ivory tower role.)
How you will grow:
- Own financial analytics and modelling in a dynamic start-up in hyper-growth mode.
- Build cross-functional relationships with talented colleagues in Finance, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering. Learn how all these departments interact and move cohesively in a fast-changing environment. Partner with them to get the data you need on an ongoing basis, and ensure they are seeing value in your work.
- Deploy your energy and analytical expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change.
We think you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting or a similar business discipline.
- Experience with cohort analyses, DCF models, sales funnel analyses, etc.
- At a minimum, intermediate knowledge of financial accounting.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills. You’ll need to dig into quantitative data across systems, and supplement it with qualitative research.
- Sound business judgment. Our data won’t always be clean, and qualitative and quantitative data won’t always support the same conclusions, so you’ll need to use all your faculties to identify the best path forward.
- Excel expertise is mandatory; skills with modern data analysis tools like Tableau and Looker are a plus.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to give persuasive presentations.
- Ability to guide your own work in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You'll need to pull together data and market research to find high-impact opportunities, and then work cross-functionally to pursue those opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of both commission and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!