Business Operations Manager
The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for preventing and actively resolving billing issues. This person would help address one of the most pressing challenges at Toast, and immediately make and impact on customer and employee NPS. This is a new role at Toast, with comes with it the exciting and unique ability to shape the structure of the team, the people on the team, and the approach/processes followed by the team.
This challenging role requires structured thinking and detailed data and process analysis to identify issues before they manifest. Also critical will be the ability to problem solve and resolve issues as they arise, as well as communicate solutions directly to the customer. This person must be passionate about serving and helping our customers. They must also be able to work cross-functionally with internal partners such as other Business Operations team, accounting, customer success, support, and information systems. In all of the above activities, they will be responsible for setting up processes that allow this line of the business to scale efficiently with our tremendous growth. This person would be managing a team of 3-5 individuals.
What you will do:
- Develop a structured approach to identify potential billing issues
- Develop internal processes and standard operating procedures for different scenarios
- Manage team that will address issues; ensuring work is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Identify consistent errors and create ongoing education for teams where errors originate
- Train support team to handle basic billing questions from customers
- Work directly with team-members and customers to resolve complex billing issues, interacting directly with customers in doing so
- Ensure team members align with SLAs
- Work closely with restaurant success managers and support to understand customer pain points and develop solutions to address them
- Work with partner teams (e.g. Biz Ops, accounting, financing) to change processes as needed
- Hire team members, and develop roles and responsibilities for the team
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 4+ years of experience working in a role that required a mix of analytics/process improvement and stakeholder/customer engagement
- Passion for customers
- Experience managing a team
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to work with customers and stakeholders
- Experience working in SalesForce,NetSuite, or other similar SaaS based ERP and CRM systems
- Proficiency in SQL or similar languages
- Billing-related experience