Business Operations Consultant at MassMutual
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Business Operations Consultant to join our team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Business Operations Consultant you’ll have an opportunity to execute the delivery of our core business promise; calculate and deliver coupon interest payments for our institutional investors and facilitate the return of their principal. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like:
This person will primarily focus on the Medium Term Notes & FHLB Business with a strong secondary focus on the Muni GIC Business. The Funding Agreement (FA) business (MTN, FHL and Muni GIC) contributes significant earnings for the Institutional Solutions Businesses and is currently servicing approximately $9 billion in customer liabilities. This position requires a strong entrepreneurial mindset needing limited direction. This fast paced position requires incumbent to act in a strategic capacity while simultaneously operating on tactics driven by daily production needs. The ability to execute across multiple areas of the enterprise is a significant success factor for this position.
What your days and weeks will include:
Execute the payment of interest and principle utilizing standard work in support of servicing Medium Term Note (MTN, FHL et al) Contracts and Muni GIC’s and includes:
- Calculate and facilitate delivery of scheduled and unscheduled cash flow activity (interest payments, principal payments, additional contract deposits)
- Calculate and administer contract maturity/early termination (including Make-Whole calculation, where applicable)
- Analyze and deliver Monthly contract statement processes and reconciliations
Participate in the execution of new MTN’s and administration of existing book of business:
- Build new contracts in CML
- Review legal agreements in support of new issuances
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of the quarterly due diligence calls
- Support the process to update the offering memorandums for the MTN business
- Monitor markets and analyze conditions for launching issuances
- Analyze MM secondary levels, bank indications to develop MM issuance levels
- Develop and complete post issuance updates to all company records and reports
Administer MassMutual’s Muni GIC daily transaction and business flows:
- Utilize SAP based CML administration system to initiate contract draws and deposits and produce periodic client reports
- Respond to client requests for information such as financial data and projected contract balances and reconciliation questions
- Understand month end contractual reserves and balances via SAP for financial reporting and business performance measures
- Deliver and support all audit and compliance requests on a retrospective basis
The qualifications that are needed for this role
- Provide service for daily interactions with external customers and partners (Bond Trustees, Municipalities, GIC Service Recipients (GECC) - answer questions and provide necessary day to day support – handle deposits, draws and interest payments
- Support daily interactions with internal partners (Finance, Treasury, Actuarial, Legal and MMIT) - in support of specific customer questions, support build and enhancements of our day to day operations and system and month end accounting and financial analysis
- Produce periodic reports for management, compliance requirements, risk management and general audit requests
- Support, participate and initiate infrastructure project work to support the continued improvement in operations to improve quality and gain efficiency. This includes working closely with MMIT Systems and SAP Systems Team to drive development, testing, business readiness for CML Administration System and development and utilization of the Filenet & P8 workbench.
- Proactive collaboration with MassMutual shared services and internal stakeholders teams to develop, implement and, where necessary, adjust, standard work related to the processes that will support the MTN and Muni GIC business, including, but not limited to:
- Treasury: Collateral Management; Bank account reconciliations, Wire maintenance and Relationship management with banks and collateral agents.
- Corporate Finance: Monthly/Quarterly close activities related to accounting and reporting of GIC and MTN results in the Company’s books and records and, ultimately, financial statements.
- Corporate Actuarial: Valuation and reserving for the underlying GIC and MTN obligations.
- Legal and Compliance: Contract amendments, new investment agreements and bond indentures
- MassMutual Technology: All aspects of information technology support for the GIC and MTN business
- Learn and become a subject matter expert on CML - SAP administration system and serve as a technical resource when the system is updated and tested for new products or features.
- Learn and understand GIC and MTN contracts – be able to interpret legal language and adjudicate customer requests for deposits, draw requests, termination and other provisions
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future