At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our Finance team as the first member of the Business Intelligence team. The team will be responsible for revenue reporting, maintaining data integrity and providing data transparency for Hopper’s leadership team and business units. This person will collaborate with our other Finance teams and the Data Science group, to write and update SQL and revenue monitoring, create Tableau Dashboards and Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets) to track revenue and other financial metrics, and will ultimately be the expert of all our financial data infrastructure. This person will also interact with the Engineering, Product and Sales teams to work together defining our reporting automation efforts.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide quantitative analysis, business understanding and strategic insights to help Hopper make smart, data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrate competency and ownership of nuanced SQL code used to compile underlying revenue and COGS tables, with deep understanding of processes and sources associated with them
- Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Hopper in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, particularly in our financial reporting automation efforts
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a quant, analytical role or strategy consulting
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Expertise in relational databases and SQL
- Tableau and Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Ideally experience building data infrastructure (e.g., designing architecture, building data pipelines, implementing scalable monitoring) and implementing reporting solutions
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description