Business Analyst - Financial Services
The Business Analyst within our Client Delivery team is an important role at Vestmark. The BA will work closely with the technical customer engineers and account managers to gather client's business and technical requirements.
- Understand and document client’s business objectives, operational processes and requirements
- Coordinate the identification, development, and implementation of solutions against both strategic and tactical requirements
- Elicit client user stories and acceptance criteria through cross functional working sessions with customers and internal teams
- Develop and maintain a high level of VestmarkONE platform knowledge and awareness of applicable technology changes
- Work as a Product Owner within the Scrum team assigned to any given client implementation ensuring that the team understands exactly what the intended solution needs to be
- Validate that configured software satisfies the user stories and acceptance criteria defined in the discovery process
- Support the successful delivery of enhancements throughout the product life-cycle by providing subject matter expertise to customers and internal Vestmark teams
- Travel time required is approximately 10-30%, dependent on client demands
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial services, financial technology and / or operations industry.
- Financial industry skills should include: a general understanding of investment trading and operations, an understanding of the wealth management space especially from a financial advisor standpoint, ideally as a result of direct work
- Understanding of financial products such as equities, options, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Familiarity with the data and workflows associated with the processing of securities, transactions, and positions of either retail or institutional portfolios
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in clear and concise manner, written and verbal.
- Must be able to quickly gain credibility with clients
- Exceptional listener
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to describe business requirements, use cases, user stories, process flow diagrams, and detailed functional specifications using appropriate phrasing, terminology, and presentation
- Experience working within an agile/scrum project management framework
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results under tight timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree