Billings Associate at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
We are actively seeking a Billing Associate to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Revenue Manager. The Billing Associate proactively helps process all billing transactions in coordination with the billing team utilizing the most effective and efficient procedures and systems. The Billing Associate is responsible for reviewing contracts, working with sales and account managers related to contract structuring, and documenting significant transactions as per Company policy. This role will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting and Operations.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage billing functions on a daily basis including any customer billing concerns or requests
- Ensure timely and accurate invoices are sent to customers on a daily basis
- Track and maintain the status of invoices that need to be uploaded to an invoice portal for customers
- Review contracts to ensure invoices align with Order Forms, working closely with Sales and Legal when necessary
- Various month end tasks to assist with the month and quarter end close
- Complete ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned by the Revenue Manager
- Participate in audits as appropriate to ensure the audit coordinator has all required information
- Maintain open purchase order report for customers requiring purchase orders for invoicing
- Maintain and support requests and billing from the Acquia Online Store platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-3 years of billing and order entry experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- SFDC or other CRM system experience preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct)
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries, and deliver results
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.