Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Jr Billing Specialist will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for the daily billing operations. This is a challenging role that requires problem solving and the ability to record complex billing transactions. This role will involve significant interaction with customers as well as internal partners including; Sales, Sales Operations, Information Systems, etc.
- Accurately prepare, post, and deliver customer invoices
- Post customer payments, refunds, and deposits by recording ACH and credit card transactions
- Review and follow up on customer outstanding balances
- Provide weekly reporting related to past due accounts and give recommendations for resolution
- Respond to customer account inquiries and follow through to resolution
- Ensure timely responses to all billing inquiries
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the billing process
- Knowledge of billing and collections
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Experience working in NetSuite, SalesForce, or other similar SaaS based ERP and CRM systems
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles