Billing Analyst at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking to add a Billing Analyst to our Billing Team. The position will be essential to our customer’s experience. Our ideal candidate will have experience with billing subscription services and excelling in customer-facing roles.
Every day you will be responsible for invoicing and updating subscriptions, processing internal and external billing inquiries in a highly collaborative environment for our Billing and AR teams, as well as crafting a positive customer experience surrounding all aspects of Billing. The position requires working with and providing excellent support to internal customers, such as the sales and the accounting teams. To excel at this role you will need analytical skills, critical communication skills, and the ability to analyze and bring forth suggestions to improve processes.
This job is perfect for someone who has strong attention to detail and for somebody who enjoys work in a fast-paced, collaborative workplace. The position is very customer service focused; you must be comfortable building relationships via the phones.What You'll Do:
- Provide phone and email support for external customer requests on invoice and payment related inquiries.
- Processing a large volume of billing cases and inquires
- Strategize logistics surrounding how to bill new products and pilots, as well as provide recommendations on standard methodologies for Order to Cash processes.
- Maintain accurate and organized customer records
- Ensure timely processing of customer payments
- Leading billing adjustments (IE, credits, etc.)
- Working with the accounting team during the month-end close
- Perform ad hoc projects and crafting dashboards as needed
- Support system implementation
- Engaging with customers over the phone to help tackle their issues
- Bachelors, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ work experience in Billing and Receivables
- Proven understanding of Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Zuora or similar billing systems
- Knowledge of Salesforce (or related CRM)
- Highly organized and able to manage and set expectations
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.