Associate Actuary - Northwest Division Finance at Humana Studio_h
The Associate Actuary, Northwest Division Finance is a rare opportunity for an Actuary to get broad exposure to market operations, strategy, and bid development for Medicare Advantage. This role will report to the Director of Finance and support Medicare operations across the Northwest Division, which includes 3 Regions and 17 states. The primary responsibilities will be to lead analyses on claims and premium trends, membership retention/segmentation, plan financial performance, and market competitive landscape . Additionally this role will help drive operational initiatives within the Division through analytical support and partnership with the Market Development Advisor.
The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Leverage existing analytical tools and pull additional data as needed to drive actionable insights into emerging claims, premium, and membership trends
- Partner with Region based market finance teams to collaborate on trend research and competitive analysis
- Analyze markets for new product opportunities and benefit/premium changes to drive profitable membership growth
- Support monthly financial, AEP, and ad hoc reporting for the Division team
- Collaborate on operational initiatives driven by the Market Development Advisor spanning Health Services (utilization review and care management), Medicare Risk Adjustment, Stars and quality, Provider Engagement and value based initiatives, Pharmacy trends, etc.
- Self motivated individual with strong analytical, technical, and data manipulation skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Meets eligibility requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Strong communication skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience with SAS and/or SQL strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Humana data for claims, premium/risk score, membership and demographics