Catalant helps the world’s leading organizations get from strategy to execution faster. Our SaaS platform provides the visibility needed to digitally orchestrate work, drive alignment and engagement, balance and rebalance resources, and track work progress against key objectives. Our Expert Marketplace provides flexible access to nearly 70,000 elite independent experts and more than 1,000 firms.
We’re looking for curious, scrappy, talented people with a bias for action to join our team. Your next big thing is already here.
Catalant Technologies is searching for an Associate Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will help to ensure that high-quality financial information is created and used to drive business decisions and streamline operations. Working closely with the Controller and other members of the finance team, you will participate in the monthly closing process and have responsibility for several account reconciliations. The ideal candidate for this role aspires to grow with the company and is willing to provide support in all areas of the business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What you'll do:
- Record and reconcile daily cash transactions
- Accounts payable management – obtain invoice approvals, vendor management, set up and coding in bill.com, reconciliation of open bills, annual vendor 1099s
- Review all expense reports and reconcile credit card activity
- Prepare month-end and quarterly journal entries related to revenue, fixed assets, leases, prepaids and accruals with adequate support / documentation
- Prepare account reconciliations and play key role in month-end close of the general ledger within Netsuite
- Assist the Controller with weekly cash forecasting items
- Responsible for maintaining and training employees on the use of our expense system, Expensify
- Assist is the annual audit process with external auditors, including preparing audit schedules
- Assist in the creation of accounting policies, improved processes and financial controls
- Assist with budget to actual tracking and communication with other functions
- Ad-hoc finance and accounting related requests
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- High proficiency is Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com and Expensify preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- CPA or demonstrated path towards CPA certification a plus
Who you are:
- Is an enthusiastic individual excited to help enhance the accounting function at a faced-paced start up
- Has a strong attention to detail, quality, accuracy, and data integrity
- Is solution-oriented and takes initiative
- Is an adaptable team player who can juggle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity