Assistant Controller at Cybereason
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
What You'll Do
- Own robust process to prepare audit-ready supporting documentation for all accounting activity and coordinates with outside auditors to provide needed information for the annual external audit
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with US GAAP and other applicable financial reporting standards
- Manage the accounting close processes and consolidations to meet internal and external deadlines
- Drive and ensure timely reporting of our monthly and quarterly results and related variance analysis and presentations to senior management
- Work closely with Internal Audits to manage the Company’s financial accounting activities in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and best practices
- Develop and implement effective systems, accounting policies and financial controls which maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the Company
- Support the implementation and operationalization of new accounting standards, R&D collaborations, and various complex business transactions
- Ensure the Company maintains regulatory and U.S. GAAP compliance with all corporate income, sales & property tax requirements in partnership with VP, Global Tax
- Build, develop and manage a team of accounting professional capable of driving successful business decisions
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including FP&A, Procurement, International Finance, Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax and key functional business owners
Operational Efficiency Responsibilities
- Seeks continuous improvements through identifying and implementing creative solutions to support greater efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures
- Identify and drive/implement new strategies to streamline, simplify and shorten our monthly and quarterly financial close cycle while maintaining high quality results
- Collaborate with other finance and business stakeholders to drive cross-functional initiatives, including implementation of accounting-related systems and applications and process improvements
- Support and drive change management to ensure proper communication, training and execution of business process improvements within the Finance team and across the Company
- Demonstrated ability to lead, teach and motivate team members to produce high quality results within tight timelines while simultaneously managing several key projects.
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of skilled accountants and third-party consultants to support a quality financial close process and to continuously improve our key business processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Who You Are
- CPA required
- At least 10 years’ experience in accounting
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Boston and Seattle preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations