Airline Revenue Specialist
We’re looking for a detail oriented Airline Revenue Specialist to join our team. The Specialist will help Hopper earn revenue from our fast growing airline business by ensuring our commission and negotiated contracts are properly loaded, and we accurately claim contracted revenue from airlines.
This is a great role for someone who wants to work in a fast moving growth company in the exciting travel space and develop a broad set of skills across operations, analysis, and communication. The Specialist supports the Hopper Business Development team that establishes and manages relationships with supplier partners.
- Create and maintain a system for loading and maintaining details of Hopper’s airline contracts
- Load contracts in the three Global Distribution Systems (GDSs) so Hopper can correctly claim commission revenue
- Coordinate with Hopper’s product team and agency partners to rectify any technical problems in the commission claiming process
- Coordinate with Hopper Finance to identify barriers that inhibit proper collection of revenue from our supplier partners
- Work with Hopper’s data science team to create and evolve revenue tracking dashboards in Tableau
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership
Qualifications & Background:
- A high school degree or beyond
- At least 3 years working at an airline or travel agency
- Hands-on experience with fares rules, taxes and surcharges, and pricing components with Sabre, Apollo/Worldspan and/or Amadeus Global Distribution Systems
- Proven ability to achieve business goals
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey information both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Detail oriented and process focused
- Comfort working with colleagues of all experience levels and backgrounds
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- Passion for travel and Hopper’s mission - desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world
- Appetite for working with fast changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
- Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal).
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass.
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry.
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy).
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End.
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!