The actuary will develop pricing for dental and vision benefits included within Humana’s growing Medicare Advantage business, as well as pricing other stand alone dental and vision benefits. Benefit analytics and consulting, trend analysis, and experience modeling will be key areas of focus. The actuary will lead one actuarial student, present pricing to business stakeholders, and work collaboratively to capture key insights that improve overall risk management. Apply today to learn more about this career opportunity.
The Actuary, Pricing is responsible for setting pricing assumptions, submitting bids, filing and gaining approval of premium rates and rate certifications with regulatory agencies. Supports implementation of rates, new plans and benefit changes. Provides guidance to Product Development on new product/benefit cost impacts. Develops and maintains pricing tools that price standard and custom benefits. The Actuary, Pricing works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Actuary, Pricing establishes market level financial metrics to align with segment profitability goals, analyzes market level results and projections and develops recommended pricing actions to address gaps to targeted metrics. Leverages market level projections and experience data tools to research root cause and capture insights. Researches and understands competitors in marketplace and collaborates with sales and other partners supporting the markets to develop strategies for profitable membership growth. Accountable for actuarial certifications on rate filings, including attesting to compliance with state and federal rating and benefit regulations. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's Degree
- FSA or ASA plus relevant advanced degree, recent and relevant work experience, and/or other relevant professional designations.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in more than two functions (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Leading cross functional projects and/or experience in leading people
- Understanding of the Medicare Advantage bid process
- Pricing experience, dental and vision specifically not required but appreciated
- Open to all Humana remote working locations and work at home candidates
- Travel to a Humana location is required but limited to a few times per year