Accounts Receivable Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Under supervision of the Finance Director this exciting new role will manage and build the AR and customer cash application process. This position will work closely with many different departments at CG and will require excellent communication and cross-departmental cohesion.
What You'll Do:
- Build and manage an AR team (2 directs), including work allocation, training, and problem resolution
- Full ownership of the cash receipts process (posting/application, researching, analyzing and resolving) all customer cash receipts
- Full ownership of the chargeback process (posting, researching, analyzing and resolving)
- Perform payment runs (credit cards, ACH etc) and working with payment processing tools
- Establish policies and procedures for payment posting, adjustments, and refunds
- Contacting customers when payment issues arise (declined credit card, invalid bank account etc)
- Be the key contact for all payment processing vendors and support associated tools and reporting
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted and to maintain customer account health
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance preferred)
- 3-5+ years management experience as well as experience with AR/Billing/Cash Application
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to drive projects and lead change
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite, Zuora, and/or SalesForce software experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page