Accounts Payable & Procurement Manager at Klaviyo
The Manager of AP and Procurement will be responsible for the day to day leadership, management and results of the procure to pay process, with primary focus on procurement, vendor review and onboarding, payables, and cash disbursements. This individual will report to the VP of Finance and will play a crucial role in the Finance organization, while also collaborating closely with other teams such as IT, Legal, and InfoSec. This individual will be responsible for driving operational efficiency across all responsible areas, implementing and maintaining an appropriate control environment, ensuring compliance with company and accounting policies, ownership of core systems, and designing and executing process improvements, including leveraging technology, to automate processes and implementation of internal controls.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Provide subject matter expertise on business requirement definition, process design, process implementation and organizational change.
- Own design and implementation of a procurement and PO system to allow for increased visibility on corporate spending, promotion of purchase savings, and systematic compliance with internal controls and policies.
- Manage the company’s procurement process, including RFP, negotiations for cost saving, and vendor onboarding.
- Manage the day to day operations of accounts payable, including daily processing and coding of invoices, classification of sales tax and recoverable international VAT, payment runs, and vendor relations.
- Oversee the T&E process, including employee expense reimbursements, corporate credit card expenses and payments, and Concur system management.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all internal accounting policies and procedures required to produce complete and accurate financial results.
- Establish and maintain productivity and processing metrics that will be used to manage workload and measure operational results, KPIs and SLA requirements.
- Hiring, on-boarding, professional development and performance management of the AP and procurement team.
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness amongst the finance organization, better reporting to vendors, customers, or internal stakeholders, and compliance with policies and internal controls.
- Ensure all daily and monthly close deadlines are met and assist with auditors to coordinate the annual audit, quarterly reviews, and any internal audit or process review projects.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of progressive responsibilities within related functional areas; prior management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related Business field.
- Experience with ERP systems required, preferably with Sage Intacct.
- Experience in the evaluation, design and implementation of software systems, preferably with procurement and PO systems.
- Capable of identifying business risks and process inefficiencies, with proven ability to plan and execute process improvements to mitigate such risks and inefficiencies, particularly by leveraging systems and automation.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration. Ability to manage multiple priorities and lead a team.
- Experience in talent development (hiring, training, and mentoring).
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.