Accounts Payable Manager at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager that will own the development of a world-class payables operation as we grow to a $500M ARR company. This new leader will work cross-functionally with Procurement, Treasury, and our Agency Partnerships team to scale our payments process, drive operational excellence, and support new growth and project initiatives. Your vision, strategy, and process improvement skills will ensure we can provide a great vendor and employee experience, while supporting cash management and timely data to our financial statements.
The Accounts Payable Manager will be part of the Finance Organization and report directly to the Head of Shared Services. It’s an incredibly exciting time for our team, as Klaviyo continues to tackle new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment. Come join us and help grow our financial operations team!
How you will make a difference:
- Coach, mentor, and lead a team of 2 employees in Corporate AP, T&E, and Partnerships; scale 3X over the next 18 months.
- Manage communication with cross-functional teams including Accounting, Procurement, Sales-Operations, and cross-department leaders.
- Implement process improvements to enhance efficiency & drive scalability; vendor onboarding, Invoice Entry QA, payment/invoice approvals, bank payments out of SVB.
- Help facilitate the implementation of our new Netsuite ERP system for AP.
- Work cross-functional with procurement to leverage Coupa to scale invoice entry automation.
- Build-out reporting to measure success through KPI’s and provide visibility to leadership on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
- Review weekly payment listings to insure accuracy of invoice information
- Review quarterly rev-share payouts to all of our agency partners..
- Assist with year-end audit and regulatory efforts including financial statement audit requests and 1099 requests.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal controls including vendor management, invoice processing, cash management, and cash disbursements.
- Manage non-vendor purchases including employee travel and expenses and credit card purchases through SAP Concur.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in hiring and developing great teams in AP, financial operations, or a similar discipline
- 5+ years of progressive responsibilities in the tech industry
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills required (Pivot Tables, Index Match, Sum If, etc.)
- Experience with Netsuite, Coupa, or SAP Concur systems is a plus.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment including ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient while interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, deadline driven, with strong organizational skills, and understands big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.