Accounts Payable Manager at DataRobot
DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, Company based in Boston, MA. The Accounts Payable Manager will be heavily involved in the accounts payable, employee expense, procurement, and month end close accounting processes.
- Review and manage the vendor set-up and vendor change processes, inclusive of owning negotiations on the establishment of appropriate credit terms.
- Administration of Company purchasing cards, including temporary electronic cards.
- Review global employee expenses to ensure compliance with the Company’s expense policies.
- Ensure global vendor invoices are recorded timely and accurately with the appropriate coding, payment terms, amounts, and other key attributes.
- Review and approve paylists with focus on effective cash management strategies.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures and implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including journal entries, analytics, accruals, and reconciliations primarily related to cash, AP, and employee expenses
- Prepare reports to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives.
- Play a significant role in establishing an effective and efficient purchase order process.
- Effectively communicate with our employees and be viewed as a go to person in finance.
- Create risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Work collaboratively with accounting and FP&A to constantly think about we track data and improve data tracking for decision making processes.
- Work closely with the auditors.
- Assist in various special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 5+ years in an accounting, accounts payable, and/or employee expense role.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.
- Experience in working with accounts payable, employee expense, and general ledger systems preferred.
- Strong excel skills.