Accounts Payable Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for supporting daily Accounts Payable processes.
What You'll Do:
- Record vendor invoices into the AP subledger and obtain proper approvals
- Review expense reports in accordance with Company policy
- Process weekly payment runs
- Perform month end balancing reconciliations
- Perform analytical and ad hoc reporting as required
- Work with internal and external customers regarding account and expense inquiries
- Ensure compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Look for areas of process improvement to ensure efficient and effective processing of AP and T&E transactions
- Provide information for monthly key performance indicators
- Assist in special projects as required
Who You Are:
- Strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable and Travel & Expense systems and procedures
- Quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Ability to work in a paperless, high volume, fast paced environment with strong organizational skills
- Accustomed to working with deadlines
- Technical understanding of Finance systems, preferably Concur and NetSuite
- Demonstrated experience serving internal and external customers/suppliers
- Strong working knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and reconciliation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Most important Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Professional polish
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.