Accounting Manager at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Accounting Manager will primarily be responsible driving the month-end process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. This position is also accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The ideal candidate should have substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function.
What you will do:
- Responsible for driving the month-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines
- Responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business
- Improve account reconciliation process, drive deadlines, enhance deliverables as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process
- Liaise with outside firms for audit and tax matters
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement.
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Prior audit experience or experience working with external auditors highly desirable.
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment