ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.6M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and we’ll get there – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for an experienced accounting professional who can help us develop and implement internal accounting controls, prepare GAAP financials, implement our sales tax strategy, and own the inter-company process. The Accounting Manager will report directly to our Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations with accounting team (AP, AR, GL) and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Implement internal controls around accounting procedures.
- Work with our European subsidiary to assist in ERP implementation and monthly financial consolidation.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor and analyze accounting team work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions and review team work products; provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from the company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process.
- 5-7 years’ experience in an accounting role, & at least 2 years of hands on managing
- Experience with a publicly traded company, whether via an audit client or hands-on corporate experience, is a must.
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
- Nice to have: SEC reporting experience (whether in a public company or public clients)
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get:
Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.