We’re seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing finance and accounting team! The Accounting team is responsible for preparing the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to facilitate senior management making sound business decisions based on financial results and to report quarterly and annual financial results to investors and to the SEC.
The team also ensures compliance with the financial controls aspect of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and works side by side with the Financial Planning and Analysis group to analyze budgeted vs. actual financial results on a monthly basis.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Manage and own the month-end close process, overseeing core accounting staff and ensuring the close is performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform key monthly reconciliations and journal entries for more complex accounting areas
- Manage the vendor spend monthly accrual process
- Monitor and analyze department work and systems to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives, including implementations of accounting-related systems and software
- Prepare documentation/support needed for SOX compliance and review team documentation
- Assist FP&A with explaining budget v. actual variances
- Own and manage the internal and external financial statement and SOX audits
- Coordinate supporting documentation and the open items list process with internal and external auditors
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as system implementations, office openings and set-up, etc.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in the accounting function
- Supervisory experience in the financial reporting and general ledger area - experience at a public company or technology company is a plus
- Proven history of executing a timely close process in a deadline driven environment
- Process improvement mindset with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Willingness to “roll-up the sleeves” and get things done
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- CPA is a plus
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.