We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is now seeking a Manager of Accounting, Special Projects due to recent expansion and rapid growth. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, able to identify efficiencies in processes and propose concise plans to resolve them. You will report to the Director of Accounting and be an integral part of the Finance function.
What you’ll do as an Accounting Manager:
- Help build scalable processes to support a new & high growth industry, own customer relationships, payment processing, and facilitate external reporting.
- Partner with Product Managers to help design, support, test, and upgrade proprietary tools/finance systems. Report progress on key initiatives, elevate potential roadblocks, and communicate overall status updates.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Maintain advanced areas of the general ledger, reconcile all balance sheet accounts, and maintain supporting schedules, ensuring compliance with SOX 404b.
- Execute accounting policies and procedures to maintain appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- 5-7 years’ experience in accounting or finance is required.
- 1+ years of Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with NetSuite & Adaptive is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.