Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
- Global consolidation and compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting policies
- Manage the accounting for complex and non-standard areas, including equity, stock compensation, debt, derivatives, investments, joint ventures, purchase accounting, goodwill, intangible assets)
- Review and approve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for responsible areas
- Support external close process
- Assist in the design and rollout of process improvement initiatives, including global process harmonization and other improvement projects leveraging technology and automation
- Support all corporate accounting and close timeline initiatives
- Maintain effective controls over responsible processes/areas
- Implement and enforce SOX processes and controls as needed
- Focus on efficiency related to the design and simplification of accounting processes
- Adhere to global accounting policies and identify areas to expand current policies
- Maintain effective controls over responsible areas
- Identify opportunities and support automation initiatives
What you bring to the party:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting and finance experience, public company experience is a plus
- CPA required
- Big 4 public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience in financial reporting, accounting for share based compensation, and consolidation preferred
- Understanding of consolidation, eliminations and investment in subsidiary accounting
- Excellent project management skills are required
- The applicant must be organized and able to handle high volumes of transactional activity, tight deadlines, and ever-changing priorities
- The applicant must possess the ability to prioritize competing tasks and handle unique situations and be comfortable working on a variety of projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- The applicant must possess strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with all levels across various groups of the organization regarding sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.