Accountant - Revenue Operations at Nuance
At Nuance, we are reinventing the relationship between people and Technology. We are more than a technology company, we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 10,000 employees globally. Finance is more than just a support function at Nuance, we are passionate about what we do!
We are a complex business, spanning across 3 divisions with multiple products and revenue streams. This is an opportunity to exercise your accounting and operational skills and utilize the latest industry technology (including Oracle and RevPro), at the same time in an environment that supports growth and an opportunity. If you have a strong level of intellectual curiosity, take pride in being part of a high caliber team, and are ready to bring your skills and experience to the next level, this position may be for you!
We are seeking an Accountant for our Global Revenue Operations (GRO) team to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing best in class support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. This position will be responsible for assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives, as well as assisting monthly with analysis of revenue, def revenue, costs, deferred costs, etc.
The qualified candidate will report to the Revenue Operations Manager, Global Revenue Operations, and will work closely with other members of the GRO team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of the financial close process including importing and exporting data, analyzing and explaining variances from expectations.
• Skilled in the ability to import and export large amounts of data.
• Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
• Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
• Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
Minimum years of work experience: 3+ years of experience in public accounting or corporate accounting within a publicly traded company.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
• Bachelor’s in Accounting / Finance
• Excellent analytical skills
• Goal / deadline oriented
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work extended hours, particularly in the weeks before and after a quarter close
Preferred skills: Skilled in ERP Systems, Revpro, Oracle e-Business Suite, including GL, OM, AR, and Projects is preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.