Boston or Springfield, Full-Time
Financial Planning and Analysis
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Web User-Interface Developer to join our data management & architecture team, within Financial Planning and Analysis group under Corporate Finance. This team is composed of professionals with diverse backgrounds in consulting, technology and data analytics. This team has built a technology platform in Amazon cloud and is responsible for onboarding and transforming financial data from disparate source systems. The data management team aims to provide a trusted technology platform to MassMutual’s business leaders by organizing financial data in a well-governed manner to enable interactive analytics and to facilitate advanced data science models using innovative new technologies including data visualization, machine learning and natural language generation.
Why we need you.
What success looks like.
- Work with the business and data management team to design a visually appealing user-interface that can function across multiple platforms
- Create a responsive and functional user interface with a focus on complex interaction between forecast scenarios and underlying data
- Ensure the web application operates ideally across a range of programs and platforms, including Microsoft and Apple products
- Ensure the web application is extensible and adaptive for future mobile operating systems
- Use appropriate graphic design software to create logos and help in branding
- Conduct rigorous testing of the user-interface to ensure designs render correctly and functions and scales properly
Exhibit key MassMutual’s core competencies as below:
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate business acumen and knowledge of the underlying domains of data that supports the financial dashboards and reports
- Critical Thinking: Critically and logically evaluates performance benefits vs. academic approach in thinking of alternatives in building the application.
- Execution/Results: Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved. Makes quick decisions and keeps track of Technical Debts. Fosters a personal commitment to the work.
- Engage and Inspire: Engage with the broader audience who consume data to continuously refine and enhance the underlying data model to suit various data-access patterns.
- Collaborate: Conducts periodic reviews with the business community and encourages feedback towards continuous improvement
- Learning: Constantly learns about industry best-practices around distributed-data-management technologies and applies that to the data consumption patterns.
- Communications: Engages constructively with the dashboard & reports developers to help understand technology trade-offs.
- Accountability: Earns confidence and trust by demonstrating ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results.
- Agility: Manages priorities effectively and adapt quickly to achieve goals.
- Courage: Speaks up when it matters, asks tough questions, makes decisions and/or admit when help is needed.
- Development: Exhibits curiosity and pursue learning opportunities.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Work with the business leads to integrate forecast scenarios and user interactions into the application.
- Work with the data management team to integrate user-interface with the underlying data
- Ensure the application is set up for high-availability
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 8 years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web user-interface development in the cloud
- Hands-on experience in various architectural frameworks such as Microservices, MVC architecture, service-oriented-architecture (SOA)
- Hands-on development experience for a minimum of 3 years in Java
- Hands-on experience in developing RESTful services
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 3 years in distributed-data-management technologies
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 5 years in advanced SQL
- Hands-on coding experience in Python programming language
- Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex data science projects
- Deep proficiency in data architecture and data management principles – traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar repositories and distributed-data technologies
- Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship.
- Degree in Computer Science
- AWS cloud experience is preferred
- Apache Hadoop (AWS EMR), Spark, and Vertica preferred