Are you interested in working on a high-touch, innovative digital product? We are looking for a Web Engineer contractor to build out an ASICS membership program that promotes brand awareness and drives customer engagement. You will work on a small interdisciplinary team to improve our global registration platform and build web services that provide membership benefits. This is an opportunity to build innovative products with a major impact on our global business and develop the future of ASICS personalization efforts.
Our team strongly values curiosity, kindness, and honesty. We enjoy challenging ourselves with new problems and emerging technologies, we care about making products that help both our customers and other ASICS employees, and we trust each other to be honest about challenges so that we can overcome them as a team. On a typical day, you can find us working at our desks, solving problems in a conference room, joking around in the kitchen area, or going for impromptu coffee walks outside.
ASICS Digital is a division of ASICS based in Boston, Massachusetts. Our goal is to build innovative digital technologies to better connect the ASICS brand to its consumers. We are responsible for the continued development of fitness solutions such as ASICS Runkeeper and ASICS Studio, global e-commerce platforms, and other digital services that inspire people to move, get fit and stay healthy.
What You'll Do
- Expand the ASICS authorization and authentication application by iterating on the user interface, enhancing the backend systems, and adding localization features that let us grow into new markets
- Work with Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform to showcase and improve membership flows and offerings
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and platforms teams to determine which technology solutions can be used to meet our business needs
- Evaluate new technologies and share lessons learned and best practices with our larger engineering organization.
What You’ve Done
- Solid grasp of at least one frontend framework/library (jQuery, React, Angular, Vue, or similar)
- Experience with API’s and databases (JSON, SQL)
- Server/DevOps experience (S3, Apache, IIS) a plus
- Experience with PWA’s (Progressive Web Apps) a plus
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
ASICS Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.
Read Full Job Description