VP of Engineering at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 25, 2021
As the VP of Engineering you will be responsible for managing a group of brilliant and extremely high performing individuals and leaders at Markforged, establishing company-wide engineering standards and practices. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders from across the business to translate business requirements and objectives into top level engineering requirements.
In this role you will:
- Lead, manage, and guide the leaders of engineering teams in close partnership with the CTO; manage engineering execution to ensure that we continuously improve our systems, manage engineer requirements; act as the ultimate technical authority for our printers: balancing design, risks, budget, and schedule with product, system engineering, and manufacturing teams.
- Lead in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle; prioritize and evaluate the work generated by our team in order to ensure effective and on time delivery of our products; identify gaps between requirements, design, and manufacturing and work with teams on practical solutions across the lifecycle of the product.
- Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the engineering team; identify risk and monitor of day-to-day team activities plus assess and disposition aggregate technical risks across a product / program.
- Create structured and concise documentation, including partner-ready presentations, process flows, root cause analyses, status reports, and other materials; acquire deep understanding of Markforged’s business needs.
- Coach team members to achieve outsize results through career, skill and personal development; coach our leaders at Markforged, ensuring that functional processes are implemented and managed effectively--provide engineering leadership and mentoring to coordinate design, analysis, and systems engineering processes throughout development, verification, delivery and operation.
- Manage contributing engineering managers or directors, who serve as the direct supervisors of the technical staff. This team would include managers managing the various functional disciplines; Mechanical, Electrical, Materials, Print Systems Engineering, advanced development and engineering operations.
What we look for:
- 15+ years of engineering, development, analysis, or product experience with exposure to C-level leaders
- Experience leading in a 3D-printing or hybrid software/hardware company
- Experience with development in mission and safety-critical environments
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
What is Markforged?
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description