RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in e-commerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items -- it’s a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
We’re looking for an experienced individual (VP level) to lead our Engineering teams and drive the growth and transformation of our platform and our business. As the individual at the helm of a 30+ person and growing engineering organization you will work closely with business, Product Management and other leaders to deliver the technology platform that fuels our explosive growth.
- Lead software and hardware engineering teams that will be known for its speed of delivery, business responsiveness, predictability, and efficiency
- Partner with Product Management to ensure engineering’s vision for success is aligned with the business goals
- Define the vision of success for the engineering organization to achieve RightHand Robotics’ strategic goals, empower the engineering organization to achieve that success and hold them accountable for to the outcomes
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement with a relentless focus on delivering value to our customers
- Partner with Solutions, Deployment and Support teams to understand and ensure that RHR’s offerings meet customer’s’ needs and help drive customer satisfaction
- Manage and grow a team of exceptional managers and engineers
- Develop and instill engineering best practices and quality systems in service to high availability hardware deployments and software releases delivered on time
- Partner with the CTO to influence and operationalize RHR’s technology vision
- Play a key strategic role on RHR’s Executive Team in helping to set the company’s direction
You Are (or You Have):
- Engineering degree or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in the software (and preferably also hardware) product industry with at least 5+ as an engineering Senior Director, or VP
- Experience managing teams of 25+ engineers
- Experience managing engineering Directors/Managers
- Experience managing software or hardware organizations ideally both
- Delivered complex electromechanical and software products to production
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Well versed in modern engineering best practices
- Self-starter w/ GSD attitude
- Learning mindset
- Passion for delighting customers and stakeholders
- Track record of teams delivering with high quality and on-time
- Experience building exceptional engineering organizations
- Known as a true leader in addition to a great manager
- Early to mid-stage high-growth company experience
- Outsource/Offshore development resourcing experience
- Robotics experience
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in a growing company with tremendous potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.