VP of Engineering, Payments
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* for a change?
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader to join the Toast Engineering team in Boston. In this role, you will be responsible for the engineering teams that drive the Payments and FinTech business within Toast. These teams manage the day-to-day technical operations of the payments platform and features, and own the technical evolution of our payments offering. You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate strategic planning for the organization, tactical execution of all Payments initiatives, hiring to grow our diverse and engaged engineering team.
About this roll*:
- Ensure that the evolution of Toast’s payments platform and associated fintech products (i.e. Toast Capital) will continue to support business needs
- Create and drive the hiring plan to build a world class team
- Work closely as part of a tight-knit team with your product and design leadership counterparts
- Influence product direction through technical and leadership experience
- Inspire, manage, and grow our group’s existing engineering team to drive extraordinary results
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Substantial demonstrated experience building and successfully shipping awesome software products, with strong preference for fintech and SaaS products
- Previous experience establishing hiring processes and building teams of engineers
- Substantial experience managing and mentoring 30-75 engineers and engineering leaders (leads, managers, directors).
- Strong technical background with a personal preference for remaining highly technical.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- Operated effective software development environments including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
*Bread puns encouraged, not required