Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll*
- Own the creation and execution of the CS Enablement department to support the learning needs of our employees - a diverse set of 500+ employees; both technical and non-technical with offices in Boston, Omaha, Chicago and remote employees spread across 30+ US cities
- Ensure all our contractor partners have access and are held accountable to the same learning and competency standards as our employees. We have a network of 100s of implementation contractors spread across the country and an outsourced partner with 100s of support agents in Nicaragua
- Empower our customers through learning assets such as knowledge base, video content, certifications, training classes and other learning opportunities.
- Own the definition of all process and knowledge/competency standards across the entire customer journey and define the QA process to ensure compliance and adherence to those standards
- Drive innovative and creative thinking in how we best educate our employees and customers and partners. Implement new modern approaches to learning including video, mobile, gamification, social media, podcasts, webcasts, blogs and more.
- Research and identify learning needs of our employees, partners and customers, coordinating the design, development and execution of training solutions. Determining training and development priorities as a result of needs analysis, and acquiring or developing programs and resources to meet priority needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and to manage all aspects of running the department including, business planning, content strategy and course development.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts and trainers who build and deliver content.
- Partner with enablement/learning leaders in Sales, Product, and People & Culture to identify areas for alignment and collaboration
- Forecasting the program needs to meet employee growth, product roadmap changes and curriculums. Tracking ROI and regularly reporting on key metrics to Sr. Leaders to determine the effectiveness of all programs.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Deeply understands how to build scalable enablement programs for large diverse employee base
- Has 10+ years of experience in enablement, education, learning & development, product marketing or other relevant field
- Has lead a customer facing operational role ideally in Customer Success or Customer Support/Service
- Has managed a team of subject matter experts - some highly technical
- Has managed a budget and a department
- Is incredibly passionate about employee enablement
- Drives progress cross-functionally and very comfortable working across complex organizations
- Is metric driven and operationally minded
- Willing to travel
*Bread puns encouraged but not required