At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
As a User Acquisition Engineer, you will help deploy a multi-million dollar marketing budget to generate millions of installs every month. You’ll help improve the Hopper Ads Engine, our in-house marketing automation system built on top of Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Pinterest marketing APIs. You will shape the technical side of our user acquisition operations, and help us acquire users efficiently at scale.
You might be a great fit for our team if you are excited about solving the technical challenges behind creating large-scale digital advertising campaigns, tracking and analyzing performance data, and adjusting strategy in real-time to optimize results.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Build and improve the Hopper Ads Engine, our in-house marketing automation platform built on top of Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Twitter, Appsflyer and Pinterest marketing APIs
- Help launch large-scale campaigns and deploy multi-million dollar marketing budgets by building infrastructure to automate and scale our user acquisition efforts
- Help create robust tracking of our campaigns, by combining data from ad networks, internal databases and analytics tools to build LTV and cohort analysis reports
- Find creative ways to quickly run experiments that uncover growth and optimization opportunities in our marketing
- Work with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers and engineers
- Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A focus on speed and efficiency, with an ability to find the balance between high-quality code and getting a project shipped
- Experience working with growth marketing teams, or running growth marketing projects
- Knowledge of marketing concepts like LTV, payback, CAC, etc.
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- The ability to communicate complex technical work to non-technical audiences within the company
- Interest in the travel industry and startups; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in mobile user acquisition or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of MMPs (AppsFlyer), Amplitude, Smartly, Google Analytics
- Experience using Google BigQuery
- Experience with Scala
- You’ve built your own side projects, written blog posts, or otherwise showcased your skills outside of your full-time roles
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description