UI Engineer at Abacus Insights
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:43 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Apply if you are…
- Excited about collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the health insurance market
- Energized about working in a Start-up Organization building a cloud-native environment.
- Artful, possess superior UI skills and are able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Enjoy conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- A self-starter, have professional maturity, thrive in fast paced environment and are knowledgeable in a highly technical environment. Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize work accordingly.
We expect you to….
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Coordinate with product design, management and engineering to integrate and prototype designs.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Assess graphics, UI and multimedia technologies and components to meet product requirements
- Create UI coding standards and implement by teams and organizations.
- Proven UI experience, and strong DATA VISUALIZATION experience as you will be working extensively with data dashboards
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Next, you probably have a history of doing the following:
- Regularly shipping quality code into the wild. (finish work matters)
- Maintaining high quality code through constructive peer review. (no know-it-all’s allowed)
- Prioritizing customer experience above all else. (they are why we’re here)
- Pushing to constantly improve your craft. (always be learning)
- Collectively taking ownership & pride in the product. (no silos)
Also, our stack looks like this:
- We do continuous deployment to production, which means..
- We write good tests. Not tests for the sake of tests, but tests that help us think out code design and protect ourselves from regression and ultimately move faster.
- We have a service-oriented design. We have a core data management and analytics platform and are building a host of analytical apps and tools to connect to it.
Here’s why we think you should come work with us:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive executive
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization.
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas.
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology.
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else. That is a promise!.
- Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Read Full Job Description