UI Developer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub / LevelUp is looking for a UI Developer who is self-directed and passionate about building great user experiences and beautiful web applications.
You'll be a part of a rapidly growing team, developing consumer facing web applications for our multimillion dollar partners that will run on millions of devices and handle billions of transactions. Ideally, you'll lead the effort of taking an application from the design phase to launch.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build merchant applications utilizing our Web SDK
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Build and maintain large-scale, high-availability web applications with an active and growing user base
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You Should Have
- Professional experience (2+ years) in front-end web development
- Experience with CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Exposure to a client side framework - React prefered
- Basic experience with RESTful APIs
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch a plus
- Experience with responsive design
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.