Threat Detection Engineer - Cloud at Cybereason (Remote)
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employees for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
The Cybereason Global SOC delivers global 24/7 active monitoring and proactive threat hunting services that provide fast identification, response, and analysis of Malops so every customer’s environment is guaranteed to be safe and secure from today’s and tomorrow’s threats. As a Threat Detection Engineer, you will research, design, and implement detections in the Global SOC’s technology stack, focusing on current and emerging threats impacting third-party cloud solutions.
- Research current and emerging cybersecurity threats to cloud technologies and, based on the results of the research, design and implement detections in the Global SOC’s technology stack.
- Coordinate with customers on specific use-cases and threat detection requirements.
- Conduct analysis and investigations into ongoing security incidents, documenting results and providing reporting directly and indirectly to customers.
- Coordinate with other teams including Product and R&D on the development and productization of these new detections.
- Implement response automations in the Global SOC’s technology stack based on detected threats.
- 4+ years of experience with the security of one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience in securing zero-trust/cloud-based environments.
- Experience as a SOC analyst and/or IR experience preferred.
- Experience writing detections and/or responding to incidents involving cloud technologies utilizing Splunk, Graylog, etc.
- Coding or scripting experience required (Go, Python, etc).
- Fluent English speaker.
- Degree in relative field preferred
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills