Thermal Analysis Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As a Thermal Analysis Engineer, you will evaluate, test, and implement improvements to the printing process across all of our products. You will create computational models, run experiments, analyze data, and implement process changes. Your work will have a concrete impact on improving system reliability and increasing printer performance.
If you thrive on understanding transient, multimode, phase-change heat transfer problems, and can work closely with a team of high-caliber engineers, we want you to join our team as a Thermal Analysis Engineer.
- Apply knowledge of fundamental physics to our products and improve our understanding of its operation. Extract actionable insights to help the team make more informed design decisions
- Develop computational models and experiments and implement changes based on results to improve our printing process
- Validate and iterate on prototypes with real-world experimentation in benchtop and system-level settings
- Experienced in developing physics-based models of complex systems
- Skilled at modelling multi-mode heat transfer and phase-transition phenomena
- 3+ years industry experience
- Well-versed in data collection, analysis, and instrumentation
- Familiar with computational modeling tools such as - Matlab, ANSYS, COMSOL, Python
- Familiarity with thermoplastics
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.