Test Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Test Engineering team ensures that Formlabs products are ready to ship and will be reliable in the field. We work closely with design teams of all disciplines to find product flaws as fast as possible and then work on redesigns to make more robust systems.
Are you a cross-functional engineer that is passionate about creating robust products? We want you to join the Test Engineering team as a Test Engineer.The Job:
- Collaborate with the design teams throughout the product development cycle to conduct risk assessments, perform continuous testing, and contribute to design reviews.
- Design and execute subsystem and component level validation test plans to ensure products meet design and reliability requirements.
- Perform hands-on and data-driven root cause analysis of electromechanical subsystems utilizing common problem solving methodologies
- Design, build, and implement automated testing equipment for subsystem characterization and reliability/environmental testing
- Are well versed with complex electromechanical systems and are passionate about understanding what it takes to make them work reliably
- Experience designing test plans and planning how to fit them into the product development timelines
- Experience with testing a wide range of sensors, actuators, and mechanical components Can prototype and run your own tests, from experimental design to hardware and software implementation.
- Scripting ability, ideally Python
- Familiarity with HALT and HASS testing
- 3+ years experience in test, or integration engineering
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.