Job Title: QA Engineer for Clinical
The Product Engineering Team is actively engaged with life science organizations to enable rapid synthesis of insights via the Quantum platform. The team is responsible for delivering an adaptive, secure and highly configurable platform, scalable to the specific needs of individual customers. We are seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with the ability to design, develop, and implement manual test cases that scale across our Quantum platform. The ideal candidate will possess strong backend testing, data validation, and expert level ability to create as well as execute many SQL commands for parallel verification and testing processes.
- Ability to create and execute Test Plans, Test Cases, Test and create highly complex studies and perform the full scope of end to end testing.
- Demonstrate expertise with complex data structures and studies, write simple and complex SQL queries, and perform backend data (parallel) validation
- Ability to use defect tracking tools; create a QA project, track results, and organize testing metrics calculations.
- Possess a strong background in manual testing, and have a working knowledge of Automation concepts and tools (QTP, Selenium, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and escalate issues in relation to importance to a given project or customer basis.
- Interface credibly with cross-functional client teams (e.g., clinical, core development, database development, customization and business analyst) in the process of gathering platform design and functionality requirements.
- Be an active Agile/Scrum participant
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the SDLC process and give recommendations and/or feedback for all known issues.
- S. degree with engineering, business or scientific focused curriculum preferred. MBA or masters level degree in business, life science, or healthcare related fields preferred.
- Knowledge of analytical approaches, statistical techniques and relevant technologies for healthcare industry. At least 2 years' experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare analytics or consulting preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Test automation & scripting utilizing tools such as QTP and Selenium.
- Proven experience in testing databases (SQL Server preferred) & writing complex SQL statements.
- Proven experience translating software requirements/stories into accurate and complete test scenarios, including identifying the detailed test data and environment needs.
- Strong communication, technology and operational functions are critical to the relevance of the product.
- Being a pro-active, self-motivating member of the Scrum team, you will not only contribute to the technical architecture and implementation, but also to the team efficiency initiatives and culture.
- Extensive working experience with SDLC best practices, preferably in an Agile environment.