We want you to reinvent the 3d printing industry with us. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Test Engineer will be a critical member of the team that is responsible for validating hardware and high-level design decisions for upcoming products. If you are an experienced, multidisciplinary engineer interested in developing 3D printers, this is the job for you.
- Validate pending design decisions by building and analyzing proof of concept prototypes
- Design and implement test setups, relate results back to physical printer behavior
- Isolate, reproduce, and resolve issues found during testing on hardware
- Prototype and evaluate sensing strategies and control algorithms
- Evidence of creating and implementing strategies to test complex systems using a multidisciplinary approach
- Experience with scripting/automation (python preferred)
- Experience designing and building mechanical systems
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ preferred)
- Experience with control theory or sensor design
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3d prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.