Test Engineer - Quality at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re looking for a new member of our Quality Team that validates hardware and design decisions for existing products. If you are an experienced engineer interested in ensuring quality products, we want you as a Test Engineer for our Quality Team.
- Design and develop test setups and build test systems to root cause factory issues and consumer complaints
- You will work with multidisciplinary teams to design test plans that validate the functional requirements or lifetime requirements, run the tests, and analyze the results
- You will review manufacturing processes and suggest improvements
- Debug issues found during test and propose corrective actions
- Be an unbiased voice to verify performance/capability
- Experience designing and fabricating physical tests, including experimental design, data acquisition, and fixturing
- Have created process improvements for manufacturing lines
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and debugging electro-mechanical test set ups
- Scripting experience with Python (preferred), Labview, Matlab, etc.
- Mechanical or Robotics degree
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience in Life test design and test automation
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ prefer)
- Experience with consumer electronics
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.